Client Benefits: Improved Performance & Reliability
This project was driven by a need to improve the performance and reliability of an aging fire protection system throughout the refinery.
Burrow Global Scope of Supply
- Process Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil/Structural Engineering
- Electrical Design and Engineering
BGS performed planning and design services related to a client’s multi-year program to improve and upgrade the existing firewater system throughout their refinery. In phase 1 and 2 of the program, BGS performed Front-End Engineering (FEED) stage and detailed design of the firewater supply piping as well as design of the hydrant/monitor placement. BGS performed FEL2 alternative engineering for phases 3-13, including a study for management of the spent firewater.
The detailed scope includes:
- Planning and review of the existing system.
- Evaluation of required upgrades to meet NFPA and company Fire Protection Philosophy.
- Conceptual design and Alternative Analysis.
- Detailed design of underground ductile iron firewater piping.
- Detailed design of elevated, remotely operated monitors.
- Integration of the new firewater system with existing firewater piping system.
- Foundation and structural design.
- Civil site engineering and restoration details.
- Review of hydraulic piping system analysis.
- Firewater coverage analysis and design.
- Developed datasheets and bill of materials for procurement of the project equipment and materials.
- Electrical and controls for remotely operated firewater monitors.
Firewater system design; hydrants; monitors; hydraulic analysis; ductile iron pipe;