Location: Houston, Texas
Client Benefits: Compliance with PSM standards and improvement in safety and reliability of relief systems.
This project was driven by a need to meet OSHA PSM compliance to have all relief systems revalidated and documented.
Burrow Global Scope of Supply:
- Process Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil/Structural Engineering
- Piping Design
Project consisted of multiple stages broken down by individual operating unit. Primary tasks included collecting all applicable data available for each protected system and performing a scenario analysis to verify applicable relief scenarios. After verifying scenarios, calculations were performed to revalidate the sizing and design of Pressure Relief Valves and flare header piping. A list of deficiencies was then compiled and recommendations presented to correct the issues. Red lined P&IDs, isometrics and any required Civil/Structural drawings were prepared to perform +/- 30% TIC estimate.
The detailed scope includes:
- Collection all applicable data for protected equipment.
- Perform a scenario analysis for each piece of protected equipment.
- Perform sizing calculations for each applicable scenario to determine the required area and inlet and discharge pressure drops.
- Create table of all deficiencies and recommendations to correct the issues.
- Prepare red lined P&IDs and create preliminary isometrics to show routing and required lengths of piping to meet recommendations.
- Prepare preliminary drawings of any non-standard pipe supports and new or modified structural steel.
- Prepare +/- 30% TIC estimate.
PSM Compliance, Pressure Relief Valves, Rupture Disks, PRD, PSV, PSE, RD, Flare header.